Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > West Side Story/Boston Symphony Orchestra at Tanglewood this summer...and I'm going!

mplo

Hey folks...guess what!!!

This summer, in mid-July,  the Boston Symphony will be playing the musical score of the film West Side Story, live,  along with re-mastered versions of the film version of West Side Story, in which the voices, the singing and the dialogue of the film will be kept intact.   The event will take place at Tanglewood, (which is the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, located at the far western part of the Bay State.), I've got both my ticket for the event and a room reservation for that night, and I'm excitedly looking forward to going!  Yay!

February 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jake
Site Owner

Enjoy!!!!

February 3, 2013 at 4:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mplo

Hi, Susan!

Thanks for your encouragement!  I'm excited about  attending this summer's Tanglewood Boston Symphony Orchestra/West Side Story concert-film, and I know I will enjoy it, especially because I'm really looking forward to it!   West Side Story is always a very special event, for me, anyhow, and this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

February 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mplo

Btw, the film West Side Story is also coming to the Brattle Theatre (just the movie alone, btw, also digitally restored.), in Cambridge, MA, one city over from the one I presently reside in.  I'll be attending that one, as well, and I'm as excited about that one, as well.  

The West Side Story/Boston Symphony Orchestra concert will be at....voila...Boston's Symphony Hall, on Valentine's Day Weekend, for a three-day stint.  I hope to see that one, too!  Hey...I know, I know.  I know that people may wonder why i get so excited and happy over a film that's not only over 50 years old, but is also one that many, if not most people, consider kind of "over the hill", so to speak.  Not me, not you, or anybody else here on this site, and certainly not a number of my friends/family.  

West Side Story is a wonderful alternative to most of  what's coming out nowadays in the ways of movies, most of which are junk.  

May 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mplo

Hey, Susan!  Guess what!  The Boston Symphony Orchestra/West Side Story concert  will be playing at Symphony Hall here in Boston, in mid-February, on Valentine's Day/Presidents' Day Weekend.  I've bought tickets and will be going to two of the performances with friends!   I've always wanted to see the film West Side Story on Valentine's Day, and it's finally going to happen!  Meanwhile, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather here in the Bay State and in Boston, during that weekend, if one gets the drift!!

August 19, 2013 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.