Forums

Forum Home > Seinfeld > Tom: RIP Buddy Boy!!!!

Jake
Site Owner

Tom was one of the original “Seinfeld” group, and so many of us in the community truly loved and respected him. He was a wealth of information and constantly kept us updated on the restoration and re-issuing of the movie. He also shared fun trivia and humorous links. On January 3rd and 5th 2011 he shared with us his joy of seeing the movie 70mm. He passed away peacefully in his sleep on January 31st 2011. He is so missed, but I just imagine him being the coolest angel, snapping his fingers in the Stork Club in the sky.  You done good, buddy boy!!!!

From Tom:      Wow it realy got me this time.The plot,acting,and the brillant message of the film. The print was EXCELLENT and looked new.The sound was breath taking. The technical aspects beat any thing the put out today and make todays films look primative. My wife got me a Blu-ray player and I watched W.S.S. The image looked great but there's nothing like seeing it in 70mm. I must say seeing it in 70mm. moved me to tears several times and I was in awe of this mastewrpiece.It is the greatest film of all time. I can't say enough, It was an original print from 61.The only thing different was the 6 track sound was in dolby. There are prints that are in pristine condition. but they are rare. Some prints are being restored by The Libary of Congress which put W.S.S. and a few other films as national treasures. The films on the list will last forever. This is not the restored version. The problem with the bad prints is each print is taken from the original negative but some were taken from 70 mm. positive prints because it takes about a day and a half to get a good prints from the negative and the theaters did'nt want to wait so they made prints from other prints that had scratches,inferior color etc. that takes only a few hours and then someone made a copy of that and so on in a effort to make money. This is why so few prints in 70 mm. are in good shape. The negative is being restored so we have fresh clean prints. Tom

April 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mplo

I, too, was/am sorry to read about Tom's unfortunate and sudden passing.  He was a cool guy,  who always had interesting stuff to say, about West Side Story and other stuff.  It was cool to read about the updates that he gave us on the restoration of the film West Side Story.  

RIP, Tom...You are missed.

August 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jake
Site Owner

I still miss him big time.

September 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mplo

Me, too.  

September 17, 2012 at 8:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.